Saturday, February 23, 2008

Closer, closer, closer...




I am at the last stages of the book. This is what I keep telling myself. However I seem to be nearing completion in a geometric progression. Once I was a hundred miles away, then fifty, then twenty five....... four inches away, then two, then one, then a half...a sort of sisyphus of the written word.

On a positive note, I did get out and run this morning before the deluge hit. It is raining right now, likely won't stop for days, but on my run I managed to jog some ideas loose and am ready to remedy a few snags in the novel. Sometimes running works that way for me, I solve problems. Sometimes I run and the only thing that goes through my head is how slow I am and wondering if I could just turn around and go home now. Here's to problem solving and that half inch closer to finishing a book.

2 comments:

rosedale's 4head said...

Congrats on your latest baby.

A big cudos to Louis--I saw the PBS special last night (TX is sort of last to show) and all I can say is WOW WOW WOW! Buffalo Bill is a magnetic character. Thanks, Louis, for bringing him to light--to a table of ease in understanding such a colorful, complex man in our history.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Câmera Digital, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://camera-fotografica-digital.blogspot.com. A hug.