Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Staring at the Screen


I've been writing all day, and not particularly well, at least it feels that way. Six hours and my eyes ache. My stomach doesn't feel great because I've been mindlessly eating those little baby carrots and pretty much polished off a bag of them. A BAG. I can only be glad it wasn't potato chips or mmm those individually wrapped chocolates that Emily gets from Ohio.mmmm. I could fit a few of those in even now. Still, it's six hours that had to be put in. I tell myself (fool myself) that a project is going to take a certain amount of time, and a lot of that time isn't going to be the wonderful writing experience when words just flow. In fact, have I had that flowing experience? All I can do is what I can do. Keep going. Work toward finish. Eat the bag of carrots if you have to. Chocolate's coming.

No comments: