Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Ready for Albuquerque

As my lovely 94 year old neighbor says, "I have been thinking of the hereafter quite a bit today." (I walk into a room and ask myself WHAT am I here after?)
There's a lot of great things about travelling. But truth be told, it's expensive and not just in a dollar amount. It costs me in focus. I told myself that I would make the invitation for the Buffalo Bill meets Turpentine Reading (2pm on December 2 at THE NEXT CHAPTER in Woodland!), I would pack, go over my reading, then spend half the day writing at my office, catch up on e-mail and do a blog entry. Ummm. Got the invite done, I think.

Well, there is something else to think about other than work, and that's eating. And though I am going to New Mexico for a reading, and I do hope it goes well, New Mexico is one of my favorite places to fill up. I can't wait to wrap my tongue around some sopapillas. I want green chile stew and flat enchiladas, I want rellenos, I want chile, chile, chile. The trouble is, I am only going to be in Albuquerque for about 36 hours.

Sigh, I will do the best I can.

No comments: